REEport (Research, Education, and Extension project online reporting tool) is USDA/NIFA’s singular grant and capacity project reporting system. REEport replaced the CRIS web forms system in May 2013 and implements the Research Performance Progress Report (RPPR) format, a standard progress report format that all Federal research agencies are required to use for research grant reporting.
Who needs a REEport Project?
Every UF/IFAS faculty member with a research appointment must be a Project Director on an active REEport project. Since UF is a Land-Grant University and receives Federal Capacity Grants, UF/IFAS is required to report all research funding, regardless of the source, by REEport project number. All expenditures must be tied to an active REEport project as this serves as an important accounting tool for the University. Capacity funds from USDA/NIFA can only be spent on an approved project.
What type of projects should you initiate? Select the project link below that applies to your project for step-by-step instructions.
- Hatch Regular: A Hatch Regular project is a five-year plan for general agricultural research conducted by UF/IFAS faculty.
- Hatch Multistate: Also called a Regional Project, this type of project is cooperatively planned research of concern to multiple states or a region. These projects are approved by a regional association and USDA. A faculty member selects the objectives upon which they plan to focus and files an Appendix E in NIMSS (the National Information Management & Support System) to become an official member of the Hatch Multistate project.
- McIntire-Stennis: Similar to a Hatch Regular project, but focused on natural resources and forestry-related research.
- Animal Health: Similar to a Hatch Regular project, but focused on Animal Health. Funding is currently limited by UF/IFAS Dean for Research to faculty in the College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Competitive NIFA Grants via DSP: Awards made through USDA/NIFA, which require their own unique REEport project number.
REEport Guide for Project Directors
Join the REEport Listserv
UF/IFAS Dean for Research