This call is for: Faculty and Staff
Submission deadline: August 10, 2021
The UF/IFAS Dean for Research Office is pleased to request proposals on behalf of the Florida Nursery, Growers and Landscape Association (FNGLA) for one-year projects that will begin in October 2021. Up to 10 awards of up to $5,000 each will be awarded.
The projects should supplement existing Experiment Station research and address problems and questions important to the Florida nursery or landscaping industry. Priority topics are described in the attached flyer and are organized under the following five broad categories but proposals on additional topics are also encouraged:
1. Improve Environmental and Resource Management
2. Improve Pest Management Practices and Strategies
3. Improve Production Systems, Practices and Strategies
4. Genetics and Breeding to Enhance Quantities and Diversity of Plant Material
5. Enhance Floridians’ Quality of Life
Please submit the requested materials here: https://researchtools.ifas.ufl.edu/apps/fngla/ by August 10th, 2021. The information requested includes:
· Cover sheet: project title and PI/co-PI information
· Project budget and priority area: budgeted items in three categories, including salary & fringe, materials & supplies, and other; and priority area(s) addressed by the proposal
· Project description: narrative that includes the following items (maximum 500 words per item): 1. justification and methods, 2. potential benefits to the industry, 3. description of how this work complements the PI(s) programs and is augmented with other funding, and if relevant, 4. an update – mini progress report – if the proposal builds on previously funded work by FNGLA.
Upon submission, all PIs should receive an immediate email confirmation. Please contact Brian Gray with any IT/website issues at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 352-392-1784.
Proposals that are not complete or not submitted by August 10th, 2021 will not be considered. FNGLA is responsible for final award decisions. The selection process includes a review by an FNGLA committee in mid-September. PIs of projects selected for funding will be notified shortly thereafter.
For More Information
If you have any questions about this call for proposals, please do not hesitate to email Dr. Damian Adams (email@example.com).