IFAS International Support Team
Who are we?
A dedicated team of professional staff that provides comprehensive administrative advice and support for IFAS faculty engaging in research, teaching and or extension programs with international activities, and especially those that are externally-funded and may have additional spending restrictions. The IIST builds research support infrastructure that meets UF requirements and IFAS needs. Services will support the entire lifecycle, from proposal development to agreement execution and award management. The IIST Team includes the following four positions:
- IIST Manager (Assistant Director) is responsible for coordinating the team’s functions including proposal, award, human resource and international compliance processes. Serves as main point of contact with faculty, IFAS administration and all UF offices. Responsible for managing the Research Administrators and providing specialized training for faculty and staff.
- Pre-award Administrator (Research Administrator III) is responsible for managing the proposal development and pre-award administration of international proposals to federal and non-federal sponsors.
- Post-award Administrator (Research Administrator III) is responsible for conducting the post-award financial management process for international awards from federal and non-federal sponsors.
- Procurement and Compliance Administrator (Research Administrator III) is responsible for addressing personnel, purchasing and compliance issues specific to international awards from federal and non-federal sponsors, and to awards funded internally.
Interested in being a member of the IFAS IIST? We are currently recruiting for the manager position; we're seeking someone familiar with sponsored programs at UF and able to build and develop an effective team and processes in support of projects with international activities. Search for Job Number 506903 here to apply.
What do we do?
Provide “cradle-to-grave” (life cycle) supplementary support for international projects and those with international components. Our centralized services include, but are not limited to:
- Fielding questions from IFAS faculty and grant specialists on issues related to projects with international activities.
- Assisting in the development of work plans, budgets and timelines.
- Ensuring international regulations, sponsor guidelines and funding restrictions are identified and understood.
- Processing fiscal and human resources transactions based on justifiable, documented, allowable and approved expenditures.
- Serving as the main point of contact and communication with non-IFAS administrative offices to facilitate the efficient and successful submission, implementation, and completion of projects with international components.
What are our guiding principles?
We strive to:
- Provide answers
- Maximize direct support for international programs
- Mitigate faculty, staff and institutional liability
- Navigate the 'red tape' and bureaucracy
Why do we do it?
- To ensure programs with international activities are conducted according to UF, federal and appropriate international regulations.
- To foster and support faculty research, teaching and extension programs as they strive to have global relevance.
- To represent UF/IFAS' interests in international programs for the benefit of its faculty and staff
How do we differ from IFAS Global and the UF International Center (UFIC)?
Whereas both IFAS Global and UFIC strive to improve programming, IIST strives to provide administrative support. In doing so, we are likely to collaborate with these offices, including consulting with them for input.
How can you contact us?
We are in the process of hiring the team. For now, contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.